Flowe Family

Flowe Family

Monday, February 18, 2013

Constructing Rooms and Snowmen!

I did not think that I would have anything to post about last weekend, but it turned out to be a pretty good one. Some unexpected weather and lots of productivity. The plan was for Jason to get the supplies that he needed to start on the bonus room. He has been putting this off as he has never done anything like this before. He is going to start the room, do the insulation of the walls,do the dry wall (with help from Mickey) and then we will pay a professional to do the rest of it. We are trying to get it done before Summertime so that we will have a guest room again. I wanted him to get as much done as possible and wondered how I would keep the kids entertained. I had a little project for an upcoming event that I am working on so Brighton was more than happy to help me with it. He helped me "craft". After that, he wanted to play dress up. He was worse than a girl, going from the above costume, to Batman, then changing into his police man and fireman costumes!! After dress up was over we all went to Lowes as Jason needed something else and I was able to dart into a couple of other stores that had the birthday gifts that I wanted to buy for Brighton, while Jason kept Brighton looking the other way. We got home and I put Brighton down for a nap. Right after I put him down, a snow blizzard started!! It happened so fast! I wanted to wake him up to see, but decided to let him be surprised when he got up. We have not had a good snow since Brighton was about 10 months old, so he has never really gotten to experience it before. About 2 inches accumulated in 45 minutes!! Brighton was soooooo excited to see it when he woke up. I dressed him up for the conditions as best as I could, considering us North Carolinians do not have much gear for these types of days! Jason decided to quit his project for the day and took Brighton outside to build their 1st snowman together. Something cute that Brighton said while they were playing in the snow was "Maybe now Christmas will come back!!". While those guys were outside, Baylor discovered his new giraffe. He was holding it and squealing at it with delight for almost 45 minutes!! We have not named him yet. I was thinking of calling him "MoMo" since he has a little mohawk. What a fun and unexpected snow day!! Unfortunatly for the snowman, this is how we found him 1st thing on Sunday morning. No worries. Brighton thought it was funny. Sunday I did so much laundry and cleaned the house and the boys and I did a grocery store trip, all while Jason worked upstairs. He surprised us all by completing the insulation and he did a great job! My husband is ! turning out to be a very handy guy Book your summer trips now to Casa Flowe of Lake Norman!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.