Flowe Family

Flowe Family

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

farewell to the Green Pants

You may remember a post I wrote back in July about how much Brighton loves his green H&M pants.
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6945682869730890552#editor/target=post;postID=3848528586475674888;onPublishedMenu=allposts;onClosedMenu=allposts;postNum=9;src=link
Well, the love of the pants has continued, even through the hot days of summer. He also owns these pants in blue, but they just don't even come close. Unfortunately today, was the last day of them. After begging me for a week to wear them to school, and me protesting it was to hot I thought today would be a suitable day for Brighton to wear his favorite outfit. He was so happy. Until we got in the car. As I was buckling his seat belt, I saw something I had missed while in the house. A dreaded tear in the pants. It was pretty sizable. I told Brighton that he could not go to school with a giant hole in his pants. A full blown 4 year old meltdown then ensued. I could not pry him from my car no matter how hard I tried. he had a death grip going on. So, what did I do? I sighed, took a breath and gave in. In no world would I ever think I would allow a child of mine to show up in public in ripped clothing. It just meant so much to him to be able to wear them there one time that I decided to give in. He mourned the pants all the way there and I heard him mention "sealing them".  I told him with a sad heart that there was no fixing this tear and it was the last time he could wear them out. It was enough. He put on a smile but told me he would be KEEPING them!! I walked him in the preschool with my head down low and quietly explained to the teacher, and told her if it got worse and she needed to change him he had spare clothes in his bag. Poor guy. You can never tell what the littlest things mean to the littlest people!
If you look closely you can see the cut hole above the knee area

It came out in the school parking lot how the hole happened. He cut the pants when he was cutting out shapes this morning with his "safety scissors". Hope he learned a good lesson! To bad for Baylor that he won't have the hand-me-downs to look forward to... but I am thinking boy's pencil pants may not be in style in 2 years!


No comments: