Flowe Family

Flowe Family

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2014 Home Improvements

I am remembering last year that I made a list of things I wished to accomplish at our house in 2014. The main things I wanted to get done were dressing the naked living room/kitchen windows, as well as the very empty wall where our TV is. Also on the list was a fire place mantel. WELL, I am happy to say that I accomplished 2 out of 3 goals on the list. 

Windows. I didn't mind them being bare at all actually. I just thought if I could dress them with something light an airy it may look nice. I found the perfect hardware at Restoration Hardware and I LOVE it, although I am not so sure Jason loved assembling it! He did good though. Found a soft ikat pattern fabric for the panels and my Marmy sewed them and I am very pleased


Wall. Okay this wall was pathetic. The proof is in the picture. 
Now, I have shelves, media table and canvas that makes the wall look so much homier! I am still not finished accessorizing the shelves as I have a vision but have not found what needs to be there yet!



Mantel. No mantel still. That's okay though because of THIS...
Not the candy cane, though I still love it, but the yellow paper in the window is not an eviction notice, but a building permit!!! We are finishing the basement. 2015 will be PARTY TIME!!!
Happy New Year everyone!

No comments: