Flowe Family

Flowe Family

Monday, January 30, 2012


Because of Brighton's milk allergy, his diet has been very limited. We put him on soy milk when he was a few weeks old. I had to learn through experience that when he would eat anything with milk in it , it would come right back up and violently! We had a few bad days and nights because of milk intake issues. It was not fun or pretty. Poor thing, he got so sick. I have tried to imagine a life with no cheese, and I just cannot! For his birthday last year I had to call over 10 bakeries to find him a cake not made with milk. I found one and when he got into it, it looked like a big sponge. Sometimes at dinnertime at our house I feel like a short order cook as I am always making Brighton a different dinner than us. Also, I believe that his limitations have caused him to be a picky eater. I am not thrilled about that part. Anyway, as his 2nd birthday approaches, the thought of me having to get him another one of those spongy cakes is not appealing and even less so is the thought of having his blood drawn again at his doctor's appointment. I have decided to take things into my own hands and experiment with foods that have some milk in them. I have found that he can eat real butter. Also, he can seemingly eat cheese without a problem (Big YAY!!). I think as he grows he will outgrow it. The problem is that he is so picky that it is hard for me to get him to try these new things. We are certainly working on it though and hard! I don't think I will be serving him a straight up glass of milk anytime soon, but the way things are going, it is looks like he can eat a normal cake at his birthday party this year! Wish us luck please!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yay for Brighton being able to eat cheese!!!!!!!!!! I hope he does well with his cake! good luck!
Amy Rowland