Flowe Family

Flowe Family

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Last weekend was so nice and almost relaxing! It is Restaurant Week in Charlotte. Quite a few upscale places do a 3 course meal for a set price that is very reasonable. Jason and I decided to have a date night on Friday. We went to Alton's in Jetton Village. It was delicious! Prime rib stuffed mushrooms, pan seared filets and twice baked potatoes. Yum. Desert? Yes we had it but I can tell you I did not have more than 2 bites of it as I was so full already! It was a nice treat.
On Saturday, Jason's friend Jason Hooks and his family came over to visit. It was Jason, his wife Liz and their 3 boys, Bradley, Tyler and Dylan. Brighton played with the boys and we had some fun in the sun and then grilled cheeseburgers.
In other news, I am happy to report that we seem to be on the road to potty training! I have always heard that boys sometimes take a while to be ready for this, so I was not trying to force it to soon. We have been talking about it to Brighton since he turned 2, and he has had some interest and has actually gone a couple of random times on the potty but nothing consistant. This week he has gone 5 times on the potty! He is very proud of himself. Lets see if we can keep it up!

No comments: