Flowe Family

Flowe Family

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hobbies, Arts and Crafts

Hide your cameras when Brighton comes around! He has been taking pictures just as soon as he gets his hands on a camera or phone lately! My memory (camera and phone) cannot handle the overload! He has also tried his hand at painting and gardening. He painted this flower pot while at Lacey's house last week, and then Poppi showed him how to plant a flower in it. As for me, I am taking on a new project as well. I can remember when I was pregnant with Brighton, all the fun that I had designing his nursery and the bedding for his crib. I spent hours online and on weekends searching fabric stores for the perfect blends. It all finally came together and was exactly what I had envisioned. I remember thinking that I can always use it again if I am ever lucky enough to have a second child. So, of course now that time is here. My guest room is still sitting just as it was after we moved in. A guest room. I was planning on moving Brighton's baby crib and changing table, etc... to that room closer to the due date. I guess I thought Brighton would magically outgrow his stuff over night or something. The truth is that though he is interested in starting potty training, he is still not "there" yet, so we use his changing table. He is going to bed in his crib beautifully every night. It has never once occurred to him to climb out or ask for another bed. He loves his bed. He loves his stuff. I love him still sleeping in his crib, knowing he is not going to get out of bed in the night, I love his stuff. In HIS room. So what to do? I started to fret. Then my mom reminded me that she has a crib just sitting in her garage, unused. She redid it a few years ago for a family friend to use. It is distressed white with a mossaic of nautical china on the sides. She said I could use it. A huge relief washed over me! It was the solution!! So now, Brighton's room can stay as it is, and we can use the converter kit to transform his bed into different stages as he grows.It also means that I have to get BUSY. While a nautical theme is timeless and classic, it has been done, and done and done again. I have to stay in the perimeters of the motif on the bed so I am trying to put a modern spin on it. Of course I am so late in the game on this. I am not even going to try and have it all done by my September due date. I am now leaning towards a coastal theme. Not quite "surfer dude" but not all sailboats and light houses either. Of course I have started my fabric and bedding searches. I even ordered some stuff, only to cancel it shortly after. I am now waiting on fabric samples to be mailed and once I receive them I hope to have a more clear head about this and will be able to make a decision. I hope that this theme can be something that will be cute now and can also grow with baby Flowe #2 into his toddler years. I will keep you posted when it all comes together. Not any time soon though!

No comments: