Flowe Family

Flowe Family

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 20th is the day...

and that's only 2 days away! I think I am ready. We had another productive weekend last weekend. I finally got my clothes and stored crap out of the former guest closet and put elsewhere and got baby clothes and blankets arranged in there with lots of space to spare! Also, we got the baby's room ready. Jason hung the blinds. He and my mom, got in there and hung the accessories and pictures. Please notice the beautiful artwork that my very talented sister did over the crib! The only disappointment was that the curtain panels that I ordered were to short, so we could only hang the valance for now.
Everything turned out better than I thought and the room now looks inviting!! Seeing it all up makes me realize that my ceilings are higher than I realized, so they sort of make everything look tiny. Well, that just means that there is room for more stuff on the walls!! I will be looking for some shelves next. In addition to improving that bedroom, we also got the house pretty clean and I packed my hospital bags. I FINALLY was experiencing some "nesting" tendencies which I have been greatly lacking this entire pregnancy.
Since I had to send my window panels back I did not take pics of the window/valence, but pictured above are the fabrics I chose for the room. The valence, chair as well as bedding are made out of this. I would like to use the top one on something else in there since I like it so much but not sure what I can do. Maybe a picture/bulletin board or something for the wall?
This is Brighton's new table and chairs. I have these beautiful little plans of the two of us out there sitting peacefully, coloring and enjoying projects and autumn weather while the baby sleeps inside. YEAH RIGHT!! Brighton does not sit still for long.

No comments: