Flowe Family

Flowe Family

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

I married a carpenter

I meant to blog about this a couple of weeks ago, but it got lost with all of the excitement surrounding Brighton's birthday. We were given a couple of quotes on finishing the bonus room a few months back. I have to say that we were a little sticker shocked. As I reported earlier, Jason decided to take it upon himself to do the insulation. That turned out good. My brother in law Mickey is pretty handy. He convinced Jason that they could do the dry wall themselves. My dad showed up early that Saturday morning for the job as well. The 3 of them went to work dry walling for 13 hours!! Since the room consists of mainly sloping ceiling/walls, the job was extra hard as they were not working on level ground but over their heads! There were some profanities yelled, and a couple of times I thought I was going to have to take someone to the hospital, but by the end of it, somehow, they were all cutting up and laughing. They got it done!! I am proud and thankful to all of them for doing this. So, the rest will be left up to the professionals. They have been painting it this week, and next week they will do the floor and lighting, and it should be finished!! As for Jason, he has already moved onto his newest project, which is improving our dock, getting us ready for boating season. After that, he has another project he is eager to start on! It never ends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.