Flowe Family

Flowe Family

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Cinco De Mayo Recipe ~ Margarita Chicken

Since Sunday was Cinco De Mayo, I decided to get into the spirit and make one of my new favorite recipes.  "Margarita Marinated Chicken"
This little concoction came to me when I thought of the margarita stuff that we had left over from our beach trip. Also, since planting my summer herb garden, I am always looking for ways to use my fresh herbs. 


Ingredients:
Half a cup of E.V. olive oil
1/4 cup of margarita mix
1/4 cup of tequila
Juice and zest of 3 limes
Small bunch of fresh cilantro (chopped)
Salt (Sea or Kosher)
Whisk all of these together, minus the salt. Get your chicken drunk in this mix for about 4-12 hours. Before grilling, take the chicken out of the marinade and salt on one side. What is a good margarita with no salt???  
 

This is tangy, and salty and good, just like the drink! This is my 2nd favorite marinade. NOT to be confused with my favorite Cilantro Lime marinade which I will share later, once my cilantro is in full bloom and I have plenty of it! 




No comments: